30.3.12

The hill of Slane

My first sight of The hill of Slane
Two years ago I went to Ireland for the first time, and it was also the first time I've travelled alone. I were exhilarated, and very nervous. But it all went fine, thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Carslake. They made sure that I had the greatest time of my life.
The best part of the vacation was when I followed Mr. Carslake on roadtrips and he told stories about the places and the buildings he shown to me. I'm ashamed to admit that I really don't remember as much of it as I wanted to. But I remember how amazed I were just to listening to him. He's really talented that way - the way he speaks always makes me feel like a kid listening at adventurous stories. To be honest with you, the whole bloody family has the same affect on me.
Any way, the hill of Slane was the place that took me by storm.
It was so beautiful, and very peaceful. Just the thought of the places brings tears to my eyes. I don't think I've ever reached to such a level of mindfulness as the day I looked over the old buildings. Well, maybe once at the monastery in Taizé, but that was spiritual, this was different  - and very hard to explain. I'm simply spellbound to the place.

Of course I have not forgot the other places we went to (just the names for some of the places). But Howth Harbor, Malahide Castle and Monasterboice are the names I do remember. The rest of it will simply be pictures in my own memory. Thanks to the family I had light-hearted and hilarous days in Ireland.





This one is my personal fav of my pics from the hill of Slane
Just so you know, 2 years later I'm going back (this august) and this time I'll have a new (better) camera (with better battery) so I'll take more pictures.

Best Regards
Helena Dahlén

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Bloggintresserade